Well, I have managed to open my mouth once more and gotten myself involved in the December 9th Christmas in Mt. Healthy 2017 project. This free event includes multiple venues in Mt. Healthy’s historic business district, (all within an easy walking distance of each other) and will offer opportunities to kids and adults for fun, holiday shopping, crafts, and food and drink. All events are free, with exception of a minimal charge for materials to make a glass Christmas ornament at Hilltop Glass Creations. Visitors are encouraged to consult the Facebook event page “Christmas in Mt. Healthy 2017” for details and a link to an interactive map for all of the locations. Free public parking lots are indicated on the map.
This time I have dragged Susan Shook, our resident mandolin player, in with me. Susan and I are actually a very small part of the multitude of activities going on all over Mt. Healthy that day. We will be playing at Brothertons Family Restaurant from 12:30 til 1:30 but just take a look at all the stuff going on!
Paul R. Young Funeral Home 5 – 8pm
68th Annual Nativity Open House
7345 Hamilton Avenue
• Nativity with live animals and lifesize wax figures
An interesting fact that I didn’t know… the wax figures were made by Paul Young Sr., who learned this craft at Madame Tussaud’s Waxworks in London in the 1940s, after he completed military service in WWII
• Horse drawn carriage rides
• Yuletide Brass Quartet
• Historic house tours
Hilltop Glass Creations Holiday Open House 11 – 4pm
1588 Compton Rd.
• Make your own glass ornament (nominal charge for material)
• Shop for glass working supplies
• Check out class offerings
• Music and Refreshments
Covered Bridge Antique Mall 10 – 6pm
7508 Hamilton Avenue
• shop for that special gift
Village Artisans Café 10 – 6pm
7420 Hamilton Avenue.
• Holiday popup featuring locally handcrafted goods.
Three Dogs Kouzina Greek Restaurant open 11 – 8pm
7417 Hamilton Ave.
• Greek holiday special dish and dessert while supplies last
Brotherton’s Family Restaurant open 7am – 9pm
7517 Hamilton Ave.
• Bluegrass Christmas music 12:30 – 1:30pm
with Kitty McIntyre and Susan Shook
• Enjoy a home cooked meal during your visit
Aquatics & Exotics
7513 Hamilton Ave.
• 2 p.m. Shark feeding in the in-house 17,000 gallon shark tank
• Serving hot chocolate to the humans
• Shop here for any and all aquarium needs
Studio 914 Hair Salon
1612 Compton Rd.
• face painting 3 – 6pm
• specializing in all hair types, colors, and textures
3rd Annual Mt. Healthy Renaissance Ornament Swap 4 – 6pm
7601 Hamilton Avenue
• Trade your old holiday trimmings for ‘new-to-you’ ornaments
Fibonacci Brewery Holly Jolly Hour from 8-9pm open noon til midnight
1445 Compton Rd.
• Enjoy a craft beer at a family friendly nano-brewery
• Starting April 4, 2018, Appalachian Grass will be playing at Fibonacci Brewery from 7 – 9pm on the first Wednesday of each month
Hope to see you there!